Placement Process Steps
Comprehensive Executive Search Process:
Client’s human resource outsourcing requirements are dynamic and we seek to accommodate those variables.
It is crucial to a successful search to conduct meetings and keep open communications with key individuals in order to develop a keen understanding of an organization, its goals, and expectations for the new hire.
It is fundamental to our thoughtful approach that we develop a thorough understanding of the client, going well beyond the specific requirements of a particular search. If we are to find not just the candidate who most closely meets our client's technical needs, but also the person who best fits our client's culture and aspirations, then we need to understand the client's history, strategy, goals, key personalities, strengths and weaknesses. The time invested by the client in briefing us at the onset is time saved by the client later on. Up front, we:
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of the client's organization, its products, services, resources, and future strategy through review of business plans and printed materials.
- Interview key players in the organization and characterize its corporate culture and benchmark the position.
Superior candidates will want to question us rigorously about our client’s business strengths and weaknesses, strategy, structure, and key people. We firmly believe that it is only by gaining a clear understanding of our client's business and the candidate’s position that we can successfully promote our client to exceptional candidates. We develop job description of the candidate's prioritized specification inventory.
We create a customized search process on a case by case basis:
- Plan the search strategy based on: discussion with industry leader advisors, research on target companies, investigation of industry tradeshows, journals, associations, newsletters and key networks, and review of our resources' database.
- We develop a customized interview screening questionnaire.
- Interview and assess internal candidates, as appropriate.
- Implement search activities and aggressively find candidates by targeting network contacts, recruiting presently employed individuals, advertising and sourcing activities.
- Screen all candidates through resume evaluations, interviews and any other appropriate assessment tools.
- We conduct in-depth interviews with top candidates.
- Select top 3 - 5 finalists.
- Perform professional reference checks on finalists.
We get involved in the negotiation process. We:
- Brief hiring management on finalists and provide coaching on interviewing and develop specific questions to support the processes.
- Advise hiring management on creation and negotiation of the compensation package.
- Discuss the corporate and working environment, compensation package, field questions, and act as an intermediate between the candidate and client.
- Get involved in the interview schedule, follow-up as a 3rd party on interview impressions, and negotiate the same as required.
- Make the final preliminary offers and negotiate the same as required.
- Deliver the final preliminary candidate hiring invitation and field any remaining issues.
- We then counsel the new employee through the resignation and counteroffer process.
We follow-up with both the client and candidate following the initial employment and deal with any associated issues.